Senior Engineer – Biochemical EngineeringApply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
CPI are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Engineer who specialises in Biochemical Engineering. As the Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, installing, testing, analysing and improving bioprocesses as well as investigating and resolving any problems which relate to bioprocess, equipment or biologics products.
You will also be expected to manage and optimise costs associated with bioprocesses and biologics products, and to support Change & Modifications relating to equipment and bioprocess.
The person we are seeking
We are looking for an experienced Senior Engineer, therefore, you will possess significant, technical expertise in Biochemical/Bioprocess Engineering. It is expected that you will demonstrate in-depth technical and theoretical knowledge in Biochemical/Bioprocess Engineering and be viewed as a specialist in this area by peers.
It is essential you are educated to:
- HNC or Foundation Degree level (or equivalent) in Biochemical/Bioprocess Engineering discipline plus relevant industrial experience at a senior level or
- Degree level (or equivalent) in Biochemical/Bioprocess Engineering discipline plus significant industrial experience or
- Master Degree level (or equivalent) in Biochemical/Bioprocess Engineering discipline plus relevant industrial experience or
- PhD level (or equivalent) in Biochemical/Bioprocess Engineering discipline plus some industrial experience
Experience is desirable of biologics manufacture, GMP regulatory considerations including validation, and safety requirements including pressure systems, HAZOP and contained processing aspects. Chartered status with a relevant professional institution i.e. IChemE or working toward chartership
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 33 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.