Research Scientist or Senior Research Scientist – Colloid Science (Nanopharmaceutical)Apply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
CPI has an exciting opportunity for a (Senior) Research Scientist to join the Colloids Team within the Formulation Business Unit. You will use your experience within the Nanopharmaceutical field to deliver a range of innovation projects, from early stage formulation and optimisation studies to scale-up of the final drug product. You will work on a varied portfolio of projects within the area of preventative and therapeutic drug delivery, from novel vaccines to advanced oncology treatments, with the focus continually shifting to solve current global health issues using Nanopharmaceutical technology. You will be responsible for creating innovative solutions to problem solving and will be continuously be working within a dynamic and fast-moving environment, such that no two projects are the same. Using your transferrable skills and knowledge in Colloid Science you will also be expected to deliver on a wide range of market sectors, including FMCG, Food and Drink, Agritech, Speciality Chemicals and Materials.
Duties of the role include:
- Providing Colloid Science and Nanopharmaceutical expertise to deliver on a range of projects
- In addition, a Senior Research Scientist is expected to use industry-based knowledge to solve complex technical challenges
- Keeping up to date with new developments in the Nanopharmaceutical field, to expand CPIs capability in the area
- Working within a team to deliver technical projects to agreed timescales, including contributing to technical discussions with customers
- A Senior Research Scientist will be expected to lead delivery and co-ordinate a project team to achieve goals
- Planning and executing experimental work, including relevant measurement and analysis techniques to characterise properties relevant to colloidal and pharmacological performance
- Interpreting and reporting experimental results, ensuring they satisfy technical and customer requirements of the project
- Consistently delivering high quality work, including during the operation of lab equipment, recording of data, documentation of decisions and reporting of results
- Developing and maintaining safe working practices for handling of active pharmaceutical ingredients
The person we are seeking
The Candidate will be educated to at least Degree level in Physical Chemistry, Pharmacology or a related field. For a Senior Research Scientist, we are additionally looking for someone with significant industrial experience within the pharmaceutical sector. The candidate should have substantial laboratory experience in using common laboratory equipment for creating colloidal formulations and measuring colloidal properties (e.g. characterisation and stability of dispersions). Significant experience in Nanopharmaceutical applications such as encapsulation of active pharmaceutical ingredients and the analysis of formulated drug products is desirable. Applicants must be able to effectively use Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The ideal candidate is someone who is able to quickly adapt to different aspects of the role and enjoys working in a dynamic and collaborative environment. Skills and experience in prioritising and tackling technical challenges and leveraging input from key stakeholders are essential to be successful in this role. Additionally, the candidate will be committed to and will actively seek opportunities to develop themselves within this new and exciting role. A Senior Research Scientist will also have experience in using influencing and motivating skills to lead a team, and making critical decisions based on evaluated risks.
Your role level will depend largely on your previous experience.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 33 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
Interviews will be scheduled for week commencing 12 July 2021, where the candidate will be required to give a 15 – 20-minute presentation on a technical project which will demonstrate their experience in Nanopharmaceuticals and/or Colloid Science. The presentation should be based on a project the candidate was responsible for delivering, and include technical challenges and how they were overcome
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.