Head of GMP OperationsApply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
Provide operational and technical leadership and expertise, recruit and lead a multidisciplinary team accountable for the MMIC operations. Develop and coach the Operations team Leaders/Team members to deliver agreed programmes of work to required GMP standards. The Head of Operations will, through their knowledge of both Primary and Secondary manufacture, offer innovative solutions at business-unit level, contributing extensively to development and improvement activities. Identify and address future operational capability needs of MMIC and to build a team to deliver on the MMIC strategy.
The person we are seeking
We are looking for an individual who to recruit and lead the MMIC GMP Operations team. The individual will be accountable for sharing and translating area strategy, identification and delivery of departmental goals and performance objectives. Through the utilisation of appropriate management styles, coaching and feedback this key MMIC role will both deliver the centres operational targets and enable individuals to meet their potential. Core deliverables for the role include providing strong managerial leadership, performance management, resource allocation and long-term planning to ensure the successful delivery of the both current and future Grand challenges.
Other key responsibilities are:
- To provide the Business Unit Director and Executive Leadership team with operations and GMP technology advice and thought leadership.
- Utilising own expert knowledge to assist in translating business unit strategy into practice through the delivery of plans to set and achieve team and business unit objectives.
- Actively contribute to a culture of continuous capability development through coaching, mentoring and/or developing colleagues across the business unit and CPI organisation, providing insights into areas of specialism.
- Lead the team accountable for the cGMP manufacturing suites at CPI MMIC Glasgow and oversee the teams responsible for logistics and all production/manufacturing operations including Inbound and outbound materials, activities within the main GMP room and GMP utilities.
- To keep self and team up to date with external developments in manufacturing, GMP regulations and SHE related changes, ensuring ongoing regulatory compliance and application of new best practice and/or knowledge across the team.
It is essential that the individual holds relevant qualifications and industrial experience as shown in the job description and has successfully completed formalised management training / managerial development programme or has equivalent experience.
The individual should possess significant, technical expertise in Bio/Pharmaceutical GMP Operations, as well as evidence of complex technical problem solving.
Please refer to the Job Description for requirements for this role.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 33 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.