Project ManagerApply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
CPI are seeking to recruit a Project Manager to join its existing and expanding team, working predominantly at our Wilton site (Biotechnology). The successful candidate will take overall responsibility for the delivery of a number of technical projects, both commercial and public funded. They will be required to deliver these projects successfully to meet time, quality and cost targets, realising measurable benefits and thereby ensuring satisfied customers and providing a foundation for repeat business. They will work closely with the project delivery teams and technical leads and their managers to ensure clear roles, responsibilities and objectives are defined, planned and delivered for each project. For main duties please refer to the job description.
The person we are seeking
We are looking for an individual who:
- Is able to demonstrate a technical background with experience of managing multiple project-based activities. Relevant experience or knowledge of biotechnology, biochemistry and / or process engineering is desirable.
- Can demonstrate a track record of successfully controlling and delivering multiple technical projects of varying disciplines.
- Is financially adept; understand the concepts of budget control, is experienced in financial reporting (cost of sales, revenue, etc.) and is versed in using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint to communicate and manage projects.
It is essential that the successful candidate meets both of the below criteria:
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in a Scientific, Engineering or Business discipline.
- Has significant experience within a project management role and understands the fundamentals of project management
It is desirable that the candidate has:
- Experience of managing R&D projects with high levels of uncertainty in a scientific environment is desirable.
- Experience of the requirements and reporting needs of public and private projects
- A background in Lifesciences and holds a Project Manager qualification such as APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) or an International Project Management Association (IPMA) Level D qualification equivalent.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 33 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
Please note on your application if you are applying for the Wilton or Sedgefield role
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.