Manager — Electronics EngineeringApply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
CPI are seeking to recruit a Manager to join the Electronics Engineering Team to help deliver our significant and growing project portfolio across multiple sectors in Electronics and provide solutions to complex technical problems. As the Manager, you will be responsible for your team’s technical delivery of projects. Duties of the role include:
- To maintain consistent and documented compliance with all relevant Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE), quality and best practice requirements.
- To act as line manager for all direct reports. Conduct performance appraisals and implement personal development planning for the team.
- To attract, lead, coach, appraise and develop staff in the team to provide appropriate depth of both expertise and leading-edge equipment.
- To act as technical lead and/or act as project manager in relevant projects in the portfolio.
- To keep up with external developments in Electronic Engineering and ensure development, transfer and retention of new and state of the art knowledge.
- To provide specific technical support to the Business Development Team relating to proposal/project development and direct customer engagement.
The person we are seeking
Candidates should be educated to at least Degree level in a Scientific/Engineering discipline (preferably in Electronics Engineering) or have equivalent experience in Electronics Engineering, preferably having had significant industrial experience. Significant, demonstrated experience in the development and introduction of new products is essential. A working knowledge of ISO 15288 would be desirable. Candidates must be able to effectively use Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. The ideal candidate will be committed to, and actively seek opportunities to develop themselves within this new and exciting role.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 33 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.