Degree Level Apprentice — Lab TechnicianApply Now
CPI in a nutshell
At CPI we work with our partners to translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry relevant assets, we enable products and processes to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market. This supports the development of next-generation manufacturing, highly-skilled jobs and economic growth for the UK.
Our partners operate across many diverse markets including pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals, food and drink, electronics and transportation.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
CPI are offering an exciting opportunity to be part of our science apprenticeship programme. The role is designed to equip you with the skills you need to tackle a variety of scientific challenges alongside working with state of the art facilities, with the industry’s leading scientists, engineers, and commercialisation specialists.
You will be responsible for supporting laboratory operations to enable fellow scientists to focus on the design and technical delivery of projects. Duties of the role include:
- Prepare for and perform laboratory tasks using the appropriate scientific techniques, procedures and methods of relevance to the activities of the laboratory.
- Work autonomously to analyse, interpret and evaluate scientific data and present the results of laboratory work and problem solving clearly and concisely in written and oral form.
What will this apprenticeship offer me?
We are offering the opportunity to study as a Laboratory Scientist Apprentice where you will develop professional-level, job specific skills while studying towards your degree and earning a salary. Incorporated into this is our Professional Skills Development Programme, giving you the opportunity to work alongside others within CPI towards achieving specific targets on a social action project.
By the end of the programme, you will achieve a BSc Chemistry degree and a Laboratory Scientist Apprenticeship Certificate through Bradford University
To be eligible for our higher level apprenticeship programme you will need:
- A minimum of GCSEs grade 4 or C (equivalents accepted), in English, Mathematics and a Scientific Subject.
- Must hold or be predicted to achieve 3 A‑levels at grade C and above, including Chemistry at a minimum grade of B OR BTEC Extended Diploma in a Science subject and must include a minimum of three chemistry related units.
The person we are seeking
We are looking for a number of self-motivated, reliable candidates who can organise workload to meet both departmental objectives and learning outcomes. The successful candidates will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to manage time effectively. It is important that the successful candidates can take responsibility for personal development, demonstrating commitment to learning and self-improvement. The candidates will also have experience of IT packages, in particular Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience working within a laboratory environment in a multi-disciplinary team is an advantage.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 33 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.