Analytical Scientist x2Apply Now
CPI helps make great ideas and inventions a reality. We’re a team of intelligent people using advances in science and technology to solve the biggest global challenges in healthcare and sustainability.
Through our incredible people and innovation infrastructure, we collaborate with our partners in industry, academia, government, and the investment community to accelerate the development and commercialisation of innovative products.
From health technologies and pharmaceuticals to sustainable food and materials innovations, we turn the entrepreneurial spirit and radical thinking of our people and partners into incredible impact that makes our world a better place.
Why this role is important for CPI’s work
In response to the continued growth in CPI’s Biologics business unit, based at Darlington, an exciting opportunity has been created for two experienced Scientists to join the growing Analytical team.
With an ever-expanding portfolio of projects in delivery and in the pipeline, it is a great opportunity for you to be a part of and steer the future development of the Analytical team. We are seeking versatile and enthusiastic Scientists who will characterise in-process and final product biopharmaceuticals, supporting project work across the Analytical team and provide the Process (Upstream/Downstream) teams with support analytics.
Click on the links below to read about some of the recent projects the team have been involved with:
Novel VLP polio vaccine platform development.
Developing a cell free expression system
The Benefits of High Throughput Process Development [LO1]
- Support delivery of experimentation through development and provision of analytics across analytical and process teams
- Use and application of computer systems and software for data acquisition and analysis
- Document writing, data interpretation, presentation and statistical analysis
- To assist the development of analytical assays to provide proof of successful process development/optimisation.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of new practices and procedures from relevant literature and other sources.
The person we are seeking
You will be educated to a minimum of HNC or Foundation Degree level (or equivalent) in a Scientific/Engineering discipline plus hold relevant industrial experience at a senior level, ideally, you will be educated to Degree level or above (or equivalent) plus hold significant industrial experience.
You will also have the following experience:
- Exhibit professional knowledge of principles and practices in analytical techniques, as well as experience of practical, technical-based work gained in academic or industrial environments.
- Problem-solving skills and proactive attitude when faced with unexpected challenges or results.
- Team player and flexible approach to project time management.
It would be desirable for you to have practical experience with analytical techniques for characterising biopharmaceuticals (for example HPLC/UPLC, SDS-PAGE, capillary electrophoresis, cIEF, qPCR and ELISA); as well as an understanding of the requirements for the production of biopharmaceuticals.
What does CPI offer you?
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, this includes:
- Up to 36 days holiday, including bank holidays – Plus a holiday purchasing scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and accident insurance schemes
- Flexible working
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Free parking
Find out more about our culture and benefits.
CPI is an organisation based in the UK. Commencement of employment is conditional to demonstrating right to work in the UK, sponsorship may be available.